About the Role
The Children’s Pastor/Director is a valuable member of the ministry team at Pathway Church. They are responsible for discipleship of children from birth through 5th grade. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
1. Relational Leader responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling, and appreciating a team of volunteers for all classes and events in the children’s ministry realm.
2. Working with the children’s ministry team to select age-appropriate curriculum for each class.
3. Implement strategic children’s outreach events (ex: egg hunts, Christmas caroling, etc.)
4. Follow-up with all visiting children and parents via phone call, text, mail, etc.
5. Work with Pastoral Team for all church programming by attending weekly meetings.
6. Leading children by example of servanthood and instruction through the Word of God.
7. Creating discipleship groups for children and their parents.
8. Hold parent training workshops and/or classes.
1. Deep-seated love of Jesus Christ, His Word, and His children.
2. Willing to become a member of The Wesleyan Church.
3. Experience working with babies, children, and parents.
4. Kind and gentle personality with an authoritative demeanor.
5. Great communication skills including verbal, written and digital.
6. Knowledge of digital media and PlanningCenter is a plus.
7. College Degree in Ministry preferred.
8. Position requires background check.
About the Company
Pathway Church is a young church plant in Owasso, OK. Pathway Church – A Wesleyan Community exists to discover, develop and deploy disciples into their God-given purpose. This mission is for all ages. We are currently meeting at the First Bank of Owasso on Sunday Mornings. We see ourselves being a hub of life to our community and beyond. We actively look for ways to serve our community and to love on those that God loves!